Tuesday, February 5, 2013

And now the Living room

 

  So, as the New Year started I promised myself I'd take more of an effort getting things done around the house. I knew I couldn't do everything at once, so I planned to do one room a month. This month I'm concentrating on the Living room which just happens to be my favorite space in the house.
 Its the space where I do a lot of my creating, my thinking and the very few naps I get.
 I've got a very long list of things I want to do in this room. Many of which are DIY projects which also makes it a little bit easier on the husband to let me go through with everything. So here's some of the things I've attempted already and really really want to do...

    *Paint one of the walls in a stone gray chevron
    *Re paint turquoise sewing desk- turn it a little more retro
    *Get B&W family photos printed and hung on entry way wall
    * New Black and white art deco rug
   *Velvet sage green or yellow or possibly gray slip covers for both couches
   *Fabric for new pillows
   *Indoor plants/orchid
   *Branch centerpiece with lights hanging through out
   *Bits of vintage and retro pieces hanging through wall space
   *Large black white white charcoal piece

  So the list goes on and on and I can't wait till the room is all finished and exactly how I like it. I'm that kind of person that I need things to be done right away. If not I don't feel settled and at home. Its taking me many rentals to finally do things the right and more realistic way. Taking my time has taken A LOT of control and I'm very happy with they way I'm doing things now. I can finally have things done properly and not break our bank account in the process. There's nothing better then enjoying your home and feeling proud about where you live. Yes it seems ridiculous but I rather enjoy doing all of these home projects. It's really the creating part that I enjoy most. Creating is where I find a lot of my happiness. I also think it makes a difference to the kids in a way. It wasn't till we moved into our current home that I saw the biggest change in Keegan. I like to believe that its because it feels like a real home.
 Well now that I've gone on on a long tangent I'm going to get back to finishing painting. More pictures to come. Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment