Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Them and Me

As of late I've been forcing myself to spend more time outside. I mean I love the outdoors especially being in Florida and living two blocks from the intracoastal you'd think it give me the motivation to be outside constantly. I mean the boys spend hours in the backyard after Keegan gets home from school, and I'm usually taking advantage and cleaning inside. But it wasn't till recently that we have been on walks, runs, adventures, and up to no good almost everyday. Today we ditched the stroller and I had the boys walk on our little escapade. I was cleaning the kitchen with the windows open and felt that amazing florida breeze and had the idea "walking and carvel". Threw shoes on the kiddos and myself and headed out the door. There is something about spontaneous adventures that make them so much more exciting and fun. I mean an Ice cream cone definitely helps the situation as well.
  It's hard to be spontaneous when you have so much going on and hearing Keegan's teachers continuosly tell parents about routine, routine, routine. The evenings it's just me and the boy's and Ive gotten really good on keeping our routine but I mean come on I'm an artist a Sagitarious and we yearn for spontaneity. So once in a blue moon we'll break away from our daily routine and do something exciting. Maybe a walk doesn't seem like a whole lot of fun to most but these boys LOVE the outdoors and any reason to be outside. We get our daily walk with me pushing them in a stroller and me fast paced walking or jogging. For the boys it's nice just not as exciting as getting to run free down the sidewalk. There is something so wonderful about watching children that are completely in love with the moment and what their experiencing at the time. Keegan is the type of child that you can tell how he's feeling at all times. He could be happy, sad or in a state of bliss and you would know. Walks with him where he has some freedom to run and explore bring me such joy. Watching him makes me appreciate nature and its beauty because he finds everything so wonderful and magical. When he was younger he used to have such an obsession with flowers. I mean a true obsession. He would pick a daisy or a dandelion and it would be cemented in his hand all day and at times he'd fall asleep with  one still in his grasp. Looking forward to tomorrow and our little walk. Today we took a 2 hour walk and it was such a great time. Love my boys and grateful for the time I get with them.
Here's a couple hehe well maybe more than a couple photos from our walk.

 







No comments:

Post a Comment