Thursday, January 31, 2013

Friends...


  I think the best way to start off any week is with encouragement. There is nothing like taking even a minute out of your day to shoot an upflifting text or to just tell someone you care about that you love them. With age in my opinion it gets harder and more difficlut to make friends but not just aquaintances but fellow kindred spirits. Which  is why I am so grateful to a friend of mine who constantly shows me unconditional love and support. Its rare when you can find someone that knows you and knows the good and bad and still wants to be around you.
 I've had many problems with previous relationships with friends. Some are still around and others well it just didn't last. I'm not the easiest person to love. I'm incredibly sensitive and my expectations are high. I guess sometimes I don't leave room for failure and thats something Im working on.
  Marietta and I met in middle school. She was in 6th grade and I 7th. We were inseperable even though we often fought it was more like sisters. As we grew and went our seperate ways in high school we kind of grew apart, but my love for her never changed. She's been that friend were you can not see each other for months even years and be reunited and nothing has changed between you.
  It wasn't until the birth of her daughter Riley that we really started to talk again and from then on our relationship has grown even stronger and we've become more close. She's my family we do church, outings, play dates and We often cry together. I never feel judged or ashamed of being me with her. People say you have one soul mate but I dont think that's not true. I think that yes you find a soul mate in your partener/spouse, but also in your girlfriends.

 I often challenge myself to encourage people daily or weekly. Sometimes it is a text, sometimes its a phone call or a little gift. I think as women we need to encourage our girlfriends more and even women we don't know or would like to get to know better.We as women are our own worse enemy. So my challenge for myself this week is to encourage a stranger or someone I havent spoken to in a while. Maybe you can join along and do the same? Happy Thursday Everyone :)


You can find Marietta on IG @mdiaz1208

No comments:

Post a Comment